The web is abuzz with the little understood, but much talked about "Mayan Calendar" and the date of Dec. 21, 2012. The most commonly touted virtue of the "Mayan Calendar" now sounds like a well worn cliche´ "the Mayan Calendar is more accurate than our own".
That is true, but there are volumes more to the "Mayan Calendar" system that is still not commonly known, understood or has yet to be articulated. And there is an equal amount of fiction surrounding both the "Mayan calendar" and the Dec. 21, 2012 date.
The index and preliminary index found below will give you an idea of the subjects and themes to be covered in this report and in the series of reports which will follow on the "Mayan Calendar" and Dec. 21, 2012.
Many fantastic claims have been made about the Dec. 21, 2012 date and most of those claims fall into the categories of being either unsupported, unintelligible gibberish or sheer nonsense. Mayan scholars are few and far between and fewer are the ones who have sensible and supportable claims to share.
Testament to the growing popular interest in 2012 is the November 11, 2009 release of a feature length film by Sony Movie Studios on the subject of the Mayan Calendar and Dec. 21, 2012
The purpose of this report and those
following under the series title of,
The Mayan Calendar and Dec. 21, 2012:
The Facts, the Fiction and the Marvels,
is six fold
1. To introduce my own understandings and formulations about the "Mayan Calendar" and Dec. 21, 2012. (MAC-12-21-2012)
2. To debunk the many claims and to clarify the more popular notions surrounding MAC-12-21-2012.
3. To confirm what is known and verifiable about the now famous MAC-12-21-2012.
4. To categorize and give order to the many and varied types of valid Maya-NeoMayan-Meso-American calendar, information floating about the Web and in books.
5. To establish Meso-American Calendrics as a proper branch of science.
6. To make knowledge of Meso-American Calendrics more accessible. Meaning to use a language that is user friendly to the non-specialist.
pt 1: INTRODUCING THE "MAYAN CALENDAR"
AND DECEMBER 21, 2012
INDEX: After clicking on the desired topic, click on any image to return to index
* Whose Calendar? The Mayan Calendar Misnomer
* Gregorian Imprecision versus MAC perfection
o The Astronomical
The Ultra-Mundane & Ultra-Confused
The Power of 20
* Preliminary Index of Upcoming Reports on the "Mayan Calendar" & Dec. 21, 2012
to read the entire article go >>> here