Here is a list of ten reasons why you should meditate!
1. Why meditate? To reduce stress. People who meditate achieve a deeper level of relaxation.
2. Why meditate? To decrease muscle tension (any pain due to tension) and headaches
3. Why meditate? To reduce anxiety attacks by lowering the levels of blood lactate.
4. Why meditate? To increase the production of serotonin which influences mood and behavior. Low levels of serotonin are associated with depression, obesity, insomnia and headaches.
5. Why meditate? To improve the immune system. Research has discovered that meditation increases activity of natural killer cells, which kill cancer cells and other viruses.
6. Why meditate? To help with weight loss
7. Why meditate? To help with drug addictions
8. Why meditate? To create inner peace and happiness.
9. Why meditate? To increase motivation and confidence.
10. Why meditate? To experience improved relationships
The list goes on and on. There are so many wonderful benefits from the regular practice of meditation.
We all live a hectic lifestyle. If it’s not children that are driving you in ten directions at once, then it’s your job or your parents and siblings. All of these factors play into a mind that is overloaded with schedules and “things” that have to be done. In actively meditating daily, you allow yourself to ruminate over these “things” and filter them away safely where they will not be forgotten, but will no longer be trying to divide your attention away from the other important matters in your life. By allowing time for contemplation of your thoughts and feelings, you are allowing your mind to become strong and organized enough to deal with everything required
When so many sports professionals, celebrities and successful people all around the world are enjoying the wonderful benefits from meditation – when more and more doctors are recommending meditation for an abundance of stress related illnesses my answer is why not. You have nothing to loose and everything to gain.