Causes of Fungal Infections
There are various types of fungal infections, and some of the general causes of these infections are:
1) Sweaty, moist feet, or when people use public swimming pools or locker rooms, and wearing dirty shoes and socks are common causes of fungal infections like athletes foot or toenail fungus.
2) Moisture and sweat in the groin area, and poor hygiene can lead to fungal infections like thrush in the upper-thighs and in the groin area.
3) Some fungal infections are contagious and can be caused because of physical contact with another person afflicted with this infection or through animals.
4) A poor diet, low in nutrition can also weaken the immune system and make you more susceptible to fungal infections like yeast infections.
5) Antibiotic medications can trigger off fungal infections as these medicines destroy healthy bacteria too while treating illnesses. When the healthy bacteria decrease, then fungal infections thrive in the body.
6) Corticosteroids can also cause fungal infections as they weaken the immune system.
7) People suffering from cancer, diabetes or immunity weakening diseases are susceptible to fungal infections.
Home Remedies for Fungal Infections
1) In order to treat most fungal infections, you can use the following home remedies to get relief. In addition, speak to a doctor, who can prescribe medicines for the same.
2) Apple cider vinegar can be used as an ointment for skin yeast infections.
3) Yogurt is also a good as both a topical application and diet snack for yeast infections.
4) Apply baby oil mixed with vitamin E and aloe to reduce the itchiness.
5) You can make a tonic by mixing the extract of olive leaf and grape fruit seeds in a glass of water.
6) Use tea tree oil to cure the fungal infections on the skin.
7) Raw garlic can be a good antidote for fungal infections. While you can rub a clove of raw garlic on your skin, avoid bringing them with sensitive skin as around the genitals.
Fungal Infections : Home Remedies suggested by users
Diet for Fungal Infections
1) Drink a lot of water, at least 8-10 glasses every day to flush out any toxins from the body. It boosts your immune system, and helps you fight off infections.
2) Eat a lot of fresh, organic foods to reduce your chances of getting fungal infections and to treat the infection.
3) Eat less of foods with trans fats or saturated fats, refined sugar and salt, monosodium glutamate (MSG), and other artificial ingredients.
4) Eat a lot of garlic and onions.
5) Add curd to your diet or salads.
Other Suggestions for Fungal Infections
1) Keep your body clean and maintain personal hygiene.
2) Keep infection prone areas like the region between the toes, the groin, and thighs clean and dry. Moisture and sweat in these areas can trigger fungal infections.