Families First thinks they are above the law and can disobey the rules of the road, thereby endangering lives.
What is written below is a must read!
Basic rules for funeral processions.
1) If the lead car (the car at the very beginning of the procession) approaches a red light, that car MUST stop as per rules of the road. This has been confirmed through the traffic department of the Windsor Police Dept. If that car enters the intersection while the oncoming (crossing) traffic light is green, that lead car, hence the funeral home, is in violation of traffic laws. However, if the lead car properly enters the intersection when the light facing that lead car is green, then the entire procession may pass through the intersection no matter how the light changes during its passing.
2) It is a courtesy to not interfere, or break into a funeral procession, this is not a law. It's only out of respect that we must keep a funeral procession in one piece and not get in the middle of it as it is driving to its destination.
3) A funeral car (purple light on top), is NOT an emergency vehicle and does NOT have the rights of an emergency vehicle.
4) If the funeral procession is escorted by a police vehicle, the funeral procession has all the rights of the police vehicle because said police vehicle takes care of stopping traffic safely for the procession to pass any and all major intersections, therefore preventing any accidents from happening.
5) It is a MYTH that funeral processions are not allowed to stop. They're not a train, damnit! The still must obey traffic laws.