The other day, I read Gilad Atzmon’s post on his blog, entitled Left and Islam. Both of us while posting at ‘Peacepalestine’ website, agreed on many things concerning the Middle East and Zionism. He also liked my interpretation of the true nature of Islam. I admire Gilad Atzmon for his honesty, courage and his dedication to Palestinian cause. Like Jewish bloggers, Roger Tucker, Israel Shamir and Simon Jones – Gilad Atzmon also believes in a single democratic Palestinian state with equal rights for both foreign Jews and the Native Muslims and Christians. In the past, I had to face abusive language from the owner of the so-called ‘anti-Zionist’ website ‘Jews Sans Frontieres’ for defending Gilad who was accused for writing under the fake name of Salaheddin Ahmad.
My comments on Gilad’s above said post are as follows:
1. Left or Right (secularists, humanists, Marxists, atheists, socialists, nazis, zionists, etc.)- when it comes to Islam, both are the hateful opposite faces of the same coin. Karl Marx was Jewish so were Lenin and Stalin. They were not against all religions. Under Marxist rule, thousands of churches and mosques were destroyed but not a single Synagogue was destroyed.
2. Islam is not a “tribal religion” like Judaism – as claimed by Gilad. In fact anyone who have read the Bible, both OT and NT – will agree that the messages of Jacob, Moses, David, Solomon, John the Baptist and Jesus were based on tribalism – only for the ‘Israelite tribes’. “I am not sent but unto lost sheep of the House of Israel,” Jesus is quoted saying in Matthew 15:24.
Both Holy Qur’an and the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) has claimed that their message is not for the Arabs but for the entire humanity. “And they say, “none shall enter paradise unless he be a Yahud or Nasara”. Those are their (vain) desires. Say, “produce your proof if you’re truthful. Nay, whoever submits his whole self to Allah and is a doer of good, he will get his reward with his Lord; on such shall be no fear nor shall they grieve.” Holy Qur’an 2:111-112.
3. Secularism is not “a direct product of Christian traditions and openness towards an independent civic existence” but a rebellion against Church’s dictorial dogma. Church taught racism against women, Jews and other non-Christians and was totally against scientific knowledge. The Western scholars were jealous of the free public education system and civil liberties being practiced in Muslim spain and Sicily. Islamic world played a major role in the western Renaissance.
4. Gilad is correct. Unlike Judaism and Christianity – In Islam, there is no separation between Church and the State. Moses received the Ten Commandments, which were based on religious morality and faith and nothing on governance. Jesus followed Moses Law with a few revealed interpretations – and left no code of governance or a family role model to be followed. He never married and had no children. Bible quotes Jesus (Mark 12:17) having said: “Give to Cessar what belongs to Cessar, and give to God what belongs to God”.
5. Of course the so-called ‘western human-rights’ activists will support Muslims victims of local tyrants and Judeo-Christian occupations as long as the victims are not lead by Islamists. On the other hand, these hypocrites will and have already done (Indonesia, Pakistan, Somalia, Sudan, Iraq, Nigeria, Lebanon, Palestine, Yemen, Egypt, etc.) everything in their power to divide Muslim-majority countries to protect the Zionist entity under the facade of ‘rights’ of non-Muslim minorities.
No Left or Right: Just Islam | Rehmat's World