James Cameron wants to ’shoot it out’ with global warming deniers

Unhypnotized

Truth feeder
Seattle pi
Thursday, March 25th, 2010

In case you doubted director James Cameron’s dedication to the environmental ideas he openly promotes in “Avatar” — the most successful movie in history — get a load of what he said at a news junket in Hollywood on Tuesday.

Let it all out, James. Here’s how The Hollywood Reporter heard it:

On attacks from the right:

“They’re not attacks. They’re just people ranting away, lost in their little bubbles of reality, steeped in their own hatred, their own fear and hatred. That’s where it all comes from. Let’s just call it out. Let’s have a public discussion. That’s what movies are supposed to do, you know, you can have a mindless entertainment film that doesn’t affect anybody. I wasn’t interested in that.”

On people who don’t accept global warming:

“I want to call those deniers out into the street at high noon and shoot it out with those boneheads.”

On whether he cares about those who disagree with him:

“I didn’t make this movie with these strong environmental anti-war themes in it to make friends on the right, you know.”

“It’s not going to change my lifestyle at all if they don’t talk to me. But, you know, they’ve got to live in this world, too. And their children do as well, so they’re going to have to be answerable to this at some point.”

Source...