Christian Sect Warns: End of days will be in May 2011.

Unhypnotized

Truth feeder
End of Days in May? Christian group spreads word

By TOM BREEN, Associated Press Tom Breen, Associated Press –
Mon Jan 3, 10:01 am ET

RALEIGH, N.C. – If there had been time, Marie Exley would have liked to start a family. Instead, the 32-year-old Army veteran has less than six months left, which she'll spend spreading a stark warning: Judgment Day is almost here.

Exley is part of a movement of Christians loosely organized by radio broadcasts and websites, independent of churches and convinced by their reading of the Bible that the end of the world will begin May 21, 2011.

To get the word out, they're using billboards and bus stop benches, traveling caravans of RVs and volunteers passing out pamphlets on street corners. Cities from Bridgeport, Conn., to Little Rock, Ark., now have billboards with the ominous message, and mission groups are traveling through Latin America and Africa to spread the news outside the U.S.

"A lot of people might think, 'The end's coming, let's go party,'" said Exley, a veteran of two deployments in Iraq. "But we're commanded by God to warn people. I wish I could just be like everybody else, but it's so much better to know that when the end comes, you'll be safe."
In August, Exley left her home in Colorado Springs, Colo., to work with Oakland, Calif.-based Family Radio Worldwide, the independent Christian ministry whose leader, Harold Camping, has calculated the May 21 date based on his reading of the Bible.

Link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110103/...pocalypse_soon

thedude

Christians just wish the world would end. They keep thinking it's going to be in their generation but this has been the same thing every generation has thought for over 2000 years. I'm betting the date will once again go beyond the current generation.

Filthpig

Aye it's strange the guy who made that crap up is now dead (if I'm correct).... Yet another nutjob with power and money behind them....