Denise

orangeflower.jpg
Since there is so much misconception from the New Age scene and Alternative movement these days on "vegan lifestyle" and "vegetarianism" I feel I must address this topic some.

Now, this is intended towards those whom have decided to eat plants and botanical lifeforms for certain "spiritual" purposes, or "moral ethics" etc. As in those whom believe, that eating botanical food is spiritually better than eating any other form of life, and that they will get better "karma" and so on for doing this.

These people are, generally, opposed to any form of eating animals, calling it cruel and horrible and claiming it to be a threat to ones spiritual development and, "karmic points" so to speak.

Now what they seem to completely ignore, and miss out on, is the very fact that every form of plantlife, botanical lifefroms, that they themselves consume, are STILL that very thing - LIFEFORMS. Not only Lifeforms, but highly conscious beings, their own form of entities. These too have feeligns, emotions, consciousness, awarness, and in fact can be said to often be MORE spiritually developed than most other forms of life.

Scientific research have even proven how conscious and alert plants really are, and in fact shown them to be highly empathic, telepathic, and intelligent. This has been verified by in fact rather highly profiled scientists, some studies in this field done by Cleve Backster, working along with scientist-Astronauts such as Dr. Brian O'Leary and Dr. Edgar Mitchell.

Cleve Backster was Director of the Keeler Polygraph Institute and worked for the CIA on interrogation tactics. In 1966 he attached a plant to a polygraph. The polygraph recording pen moved rapidly to the top of the chart when Cleve’s thought and intention was "to burn the leaf." As a result of this intriguing response, Cleve became obsessed with a desire to understand the cellular communication process which he called primary perception. He found out that plants are highly sensitive and psyhcic, conscious beings. Plants would be highly stressed and show signs of anxiousness and fear when any form of negative action were either directly done to them, or even when just THOUGHT of being done to them. Likewise, positive actions made the plants respond with what one could only call joy, happyness, comfort, security and relaxed emotions. Other plants in the area would also react, when something was intended to be done or actually done on any other plant nearby, showing their telepathic contact with eachother.

Then you have these other experiments people have done, from talking nice to their plants and giving them love and that apparently makes them healthier and grow better, while negative energies seem to make them more miserable. Again clearly showing them to be highly spiritually developed, conscious and understanding what is going on around them. Advanced lifeforms, in other words.

All LIFE is really EQUAL. It does NOT make a difference if you eat a plant, an animal, or an insect. They are all worthy the same respect and same treatments of kindness.

So dear Vegans, eating a plant is no better than eating a cow or any other animal. You still harm and perform a negative actions towards a brilliant lifeform.

We live in a world where we all depend on survival by eating other forms of Life, no matter how you want to twist and bend that fact, it remains a fact. This is natural, and all animals and plantlifes and other lifeforms do the very same thing themselves, and I'm sure you will not say a Lion will get "bad karma" for eating a zebra, and indeed for the Lion its only way of survival is to eat other animals and meat.

So, that does mean that being a vegan serves no real spiritual purpose of all, except for a false belief in such which may be mentally comforting, but if you know the facts and truth about the botanical Life as well, perhaps you will see things in a new perspective.

Thus ending this, I would like to point out that we still should respect all forms of live, whether animals or plants or other forms, and treat them as our equals, and not abuse them or kill any forms of life unless strictly for survival and to obtain our food.

Blessings,
-Maggador

Some references of interest:
Dr Clive Backsters research: http://www.primaryperception.com/bio/?page_id=7

Dr. Edgar Mitchell, at his Institute of Noetic Sciences: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Institu...oetic_Sciences

SUNGAZER

Thank you for that!

Of course vegetarians/vegans are hypocrites. Plants are just as much alive as animals are. These dumb-asses think they are doing good by not harming animals, but then they go on to murder innocent plant life. What difference does it make what you're killing in order to survive? Plant or animal, it's still murder you idiots!

And the whole thing on not eating or drinking dairy? What the hell is up with that? That doesn't even make sense. First of all, cows are producing milk naturally, just like a new human mother, or any other animal mother. Cows NEED to be milked or else they are in PAIN? They LIKE to be milked. We SHOULD reap the benefits of what they have to offer.

You know, sometimes I just don't get how some people think and I never will. Where's the logic?

Denise

I think you missing the bigger picture here, they brutally splatter animals for our food! There is nothing humane about it, its cruel and unnecessary. Plants exist to be eaten, they our happy to be consumed be any animal.

Some vegetation dose not have to be killed to be eaten, for instants: apples, bananas. These fruits grow on trees that would drop the fruit to rot anyways. The tree exist to feed us.

The plants grow the fruit so that we spread their seed far and wide.

Doubter

Meat needs to be eaten too! I'm all for animal rights, but come on. It's ok for population control of animals. You can't survive on just plants. It makes you bitchy. Every vegetarian that i've met is bitchy. i blame the lack of meat in their diet.

SUNGAZER

I think you missing the bigger picture here, they brutally splatter animals for our food! There is nothing humane about it, its cruel and unnecessary. Plants exist to be eaten, they our happy to be consumed be any animal.

Some vegetation dose not have to be killed to be eaten, for instants: apples, bananas. These fruits grow on trees that would drop the fruit to rot anyways. The tree exist to feed us.

The plants grow the fruit so that we spread their seed far and wide.

Ok, good point, and point taken. There are plants out there that continually bear fruits without dying as a result of people eating them. However, there are plants that do die as a result of being harvested and eaten, and it's these plants that don't stand a chance. But, going back to the plants that continually bear fruits, like fruit trees for example, are being harmed in a sense. Think about what that fruit is for. It has seeds in it that would bear more trees and more fruit. So, in essence, by eating that fruit, we are killing the young / unborn of that tree. Yes?

It really doesn't matter how you look at it, I realize there is an argument to every side of this, but someone has to speak for the plants.

Personally, I eat both flora and fauna. But I know that I am harming all life types with my choices for food. Are vegans / vegetarians aware of what they are doing? Most likely not, cuz if they were, they may change their minds on a lot of the foods that they currently eat.