Nurse Reveals The Top 5 Regrets People Make On Their Deathbed

SUNGAZER

Here's an article I came across. Thought it was pretty good.

Here's the jist of it:

1. I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
2. I wish I didn’t work so hard.
3. I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.
4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.

The full article can be found at: Nurse reveals the top 5 regrets people make on their deathbed | Caroline Nettle 's Empower Network Blog

tell me more

I think this is true of most people. How many people do you know that just focus on work instead of their families? How many try to be something or someone they're not? I know lots of people like this, and I'm sure these will be their reflections upon death as well. It's too bad, too.

This is exactly why we need to change the way this world works. To prevent regrets like these; to live the lives we are meant to live; to enjoy ourselves and thrive.

White Rabbit

If you lead a good life and you try to do your very best in everything you do, your loving to everybody you meet strangers, friends and family. You should have no regrets when you die or at least very little.

SUNGAZER

If you lead a good life and you try to do your very best in everything you do, your loving to everybody you meet strangers, friends and family. You should have no regrets when you die or at least very little.

Well, I'm sure you'll certainly have much much less of them, anyway.

100th Monkey

There willll always be regrets no matter what you do, if you live your life making everybody else happy you will regret that you never make yourself happy. If you don't make yourself happy you regret you never made other people happy. You got to find a happy medium a balance where everything works, where you make yourself happy and other people happy. But no matter what you do there will always be regrets!

SUNGAZER

Of course you can't avoid ALL regrets, unless you are at complete peace with yourself and the world around you. That is the only way you would understand and not regret things that are happening and had happened to others or yourself. For most people, that'll never happen, so ya, there's gonna always be SOME regrets in life when you die. Hell, I regret things now, and I'm not even close to being on my deathbed. lol.

Denise

I regret trying to be too nice to people, I'm always trying to please them, when really it should be pleasing myself!

SUNGAZER

I regret trying to be too nice to people, I'm always trying to please them, when really it should be pleasing myself!

That's where I disagree with you. I never regret being nice to people, even if they don't appreciate it, or even screw me over because of it. Everything for a reason, and that's no reason for me to stop being genuinely nice. If I feel like being nice, I'm nice. If I feel like being mean, sometimes I am, and sometimes I'm not. Most of the time that I AM mean, I regret THAT! That's why I try not to be mean even when I want to be, but sometimes, it slips out anyway; kinda like a pressure release valve. lol.