Caffeine is good for your brain

Denise

They are saying coffeine is good for us now.....

Isn't it funny how often "bad" habits turn out to be good ones? Just look at caffeine in general and coffee in particular -- for years we've been told they're to be avoided.

I've even heard of people calling on caffeine to be regulated like a drug!

But caffeine is more than just a stimulant -- it's a safe stimulant that can protect your brain. And now, the latest research shows why regular coffee drinkers have a dramatically lower risk of dementia: the very caffeine you've been told is bad for you.

The study of 124 seniors between the ages of 65 and 88 who had all the lights on upstairs at the start, finds that low caffeine equals high risk -- at least as far as dementia is concerned.

In fact, the seniors who fell into the cognitive slide that often marks the start of dementia had 51 percent lower blood levels of the stimulant than those who kept healthy.

You won't find any Mountain Dew drinkers in that age group. For them, it's coffee -- and the researchers confirm that good old java was pretty much the only source of caffeine consumed by the patients in the study.

Now, I'm glad to see what I've said all along validated -- but since even decaf drinkers have better memory and a lower risk of cognitive decline, caffeine isn't the only thing in coffee that makes it so good for your brain.

Each cup is also chock full o'antioxidants -- and along with protecting your brain from dementia, these incredible nutrients can save you from heart disease, cancer, stroke, diabetes, and more.

Most studies have found that the biggest benefits go to people who drink several cups a day -- so don't stop with just one. (How often do you get to hear THAT advice?)

Not spilling these beans,

William Campbell Douglass II, M.D.

Sourse:
www.douglassreport.com