Unhypnotized

Truth feeder
bsbray11
Above Top Secret Forum
January 1, 2010

In George Orwell’s 1984, the Ministry of Truth employs the protagonist of the novel for sending information that contradicts party lines down a chute into a “memory hole,” where it never seen again.

From Wikipedia:

A memory hole is the alteration or outright disappearance of inconvenient or embarrassing documents, photographs, transcripts, or other records, such as from a web site or other archive. The Memory Hole is a website whose goal is to preserve those documents which are in danger of being lost, and there are a number of other websites with similar goals.

I suggest we start saving copies of internet websites that make hard points against conventional wisdom that is not in the best interests of the state, and even make efforts to spread around information that is subdued.

Some examples I’m personally aware of:

Engineer Society Accused of 911 Cover-Ups (Google purging its news articles, also many other sources)
Youtube Censoring Sheen’s Video to Obama (YouTube freezing views and preventing videos from making front page)
Neptune’s Mass Recalculated (Information sources being cut back to only a few)

The article featuring engineers accusing the ASCE of corruption was purged from many different news sites, despite being an Associated Press article, and now when even search for the article on Google, it only returns second-hand links to the article unless you search for specific quotes found in the original article. The article also never had a single follow-up article, and despite the ASCE saying it would do an investigation and release a report, I can’t find a damned thing about that, either.

WaTimesStoryRemoved.bmp

It’s hard to prove any particular article removal is ever intentional “memory holing,” but I know Google holds on to all kinds of information.

Here Google still has scans of a newspaper from 1998, for example, related to Bill’s BJ in the oval office: news.google.com…,6033774&dq=sources&hl=en “Lewinsky, Currie accounts differ on gifts returned, sources say .” </p>Yet they can’t hold on to an AP article from 2008 that accuses the ASCE of corruption involving the WTC and Katrina investigations…

Did I mention Google owns YouTube now and is also tied to the CIA, FBI and NSA?

CIA enlists Google’s help for spy work

Google has been recruited by US intelligence agencies to help them better process and share information they gather about suspects.

Agencies such as the National Security Agency have bought servers on which Google-supplied search technology is used to process information gathered by networks of spies around the world. …

In the most innovative service, for which Google equipment provides the core search technology, agents are encouraged to post intelligence information on a secure forum, which other spies are free to read, edit, and tag – like the online encyclopedia Wikipedia.

Depending on their clearance, agents can log on to Intellipedia and gain access to three levels of info – top secret, secret and sensitive, and sensitive but unclassified. So far 37,000 users have established accounts on the service, and the database now extends to 35,000 articles, according to Sean Dennehy, chief of Intellipedia development for the CIA.

“Each analyst, for lack of a better term, has a shoe box with their knowledge,” Mr Dennehy was quoted as saying. “They maintained it in a shared drive or Word document, but we’re encouraging them to move those platforms so that everyone can benefit.”

The collection of articles is hosted by the director of national intelligence, Mike McConnell, and is available only to the CIA, the FBI, the National Security Agency, and other intelligence agencies.

Google’s search technology usually rates a website’s importance by measuring the number of other sites that link to it – a method that is more problematic in a ‘closed’ network used by a limited numbr of people. In the case of Intellipedia, pages become more prominent depending on how they are tagged or added to by other contributors.

As well as working with the intelligence agencies, Google also provides services to other US public sector organisations, including the Coast Guard, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration.

I have also seen numerous video clips containing explosions at the WTC complex or witnesses providing testimony to explosions removed from YouTube such that I can no longer find a single copy of them, and searching Google for other copies of the video clips obviously doesn’t help. So I have started saving as many flv files and other hard-to-find video clips that I can, for fear that they will be permanently removed from the net the way I have seen them removed from YouTube.

If you’re going to save videos or other sources, maybe even change file names and make them hard to find, or store them on CDs or flash drives, because apparently it isn’t above them to send trojans onto your computer to delete your files:

In an ironic twist of fate, in 2009, Amazon.com’s electronic book, the Kindle, was purged of copies of Orwell’s 1984 and Animal Farm. Customers who earlier downloaded those books, found them surreptitiously erased from their Kindles, in what some said was the books’ being “sent down a memory hole.”[4] The book retailer denied accusations of “Big Brother-like behavior”, and stated that the books were uploaded to the Kindle store by a publisher who did not have reproduction rights, thereby necessitating the deletion. “We removed the illegal copies from our systems and from customers’ devices, and refunded customers,” a spokesman said.[5] Some critics likened this to Barnes & Noble selling a book, then burglarizing a house to reclaim it whilst leaving a check. Amazon.com stated that they might not repeat the actions in the future.[6] A Shelby Township, Michigan student is the lead plaintiff in a proposed class action lawsuit, which claims that his annotated notes for a class were rendered “useless” when his Kindle’s copy of 1984 was purloined using secret technology to invade his computer via an undisclosed Trojan horse.[7]​
BSBRA

Source...