Israeli blunder that shows pictures of "Iranian ship" falsified
November 17, 2009
After Israel has released photographs which it says proves that a large arms shipment to Hezbollah came from Tehran, Iranian news agencies published evidence showing that the pictures are distorted.
Israeli navy sources recently stated that they store with a big secret Iranian-made weapons found in the Mediterranean Sea when they boarded a ship near Cyprus. They claimed that the ship was heading for the Hezbollah resistance movement, either in Lebanon or Syria.
Iran immediately rejected the allegations and gave a statement in which the many piracy actions by Israel in international waters convicted. But the Israeli government persisted in its allegations with the release of what they claimed to have pictures and documents in an attempt to the Iranian government involvement in the case.
The photographs and documents were a number of leading newspapers published in the West, including The Los Angeles Times. "The Israeli regime has made itself ridiculous as to what it claims to be evidence that Iran sent arms to Hezbollah," IRNA news agency said on Monday.
"Look closely at the photos one only shows a few boxes labeled" Ministry of Sepah "without supporting evidence that they came from Iran and see the huge mistake that Israel has made," it added.
The article explains that Iran's Ministry of Sepah more than twenty years ago has given way to the Ministry of Defense. "So this begs the question of what the emblem of an existing one did not for the load?
"It seems that the American newspaper has failed to bring the correct facts, or on the other hand, perhaps gets its information from the Israeli leadership," the news agency said. "In any case, the newspaper know that if a country has plans for a secret arms shipment to another to send the cargo will not mark a complete description of the party". "Tel Aviv's unsubstantiated claims (over which Iran provides Hezbollah Military) are clearly intended to justify a new Israeli attack on Lebanon".
Yadollah Javani, the director of the Political Bureau of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC), said last week that the allegations were intended to distract attention from a UN report detailing the Israeli war crimes in Gaza.
"These accusations are nothing more than an Israeli list for the international attention of the Goldstone report it to infer now moving closer towards the war crimes tribunal (the International Criminal Court (ICC), said Brigadier General Javani on.
He referred to the 575-page report conducted by the Jewish South African judge Richard Goldstone, which contains details of numerous acts of war crimes and human rights violations committed by Israeli soldiers during their incursion into the Gaza Strip. "Israeli officials have a long-standing tendency to unfounded accusations against others when they bring in serious trouble," he added.
The spokesman of the Lebanese parliament, Nabih Berri, also dismissed the accusations off, asking why the Israelis had failed to hold the crew while the ship probably carried weapons.
Berri said, because Hezbollah has the right to arms of "worldwide" to obtain, it is pretty clear that Israel made the allegations to the issue of war crimes in Gaza to avoid.
Source: ZapLog voorpagina - Nederlands beste politieke weblog, winnaar dutch bloggie 2008