Rehmat

Peter Van Buren (a US foreign service official for years) in his latest artical published in the Tom Dispatch on October 11, 2012 raised a good question about America’s bloody wars in the Middle East. The question was: “What we want from the Middle East?” Then Peter wrap the obvious answer under several layers: “Is it all about oil? Israel? Old-fashioned hegemony and containment? What is our goal in fighting an intensifying proxy war with Iran, newly expanded into cyberspace? Are we worried about a nuclear Iran, or just worried about a new nuclear club member in general?”

The US Energy Information Administration reported in November 2011 that Canada was the top crude oil supplier to the US (2,829 thousand barrels per day) followed by Mexico (1,216 thousand barrels per day) and Saudi Arabia (1,099 thousand barrels per day). In fact there are only two Middle Eastern countries (Saudi Arabia and Iraq) among America’s top ten crude oil suppliers. Thus, oil is not the carrot which attracts America to the Middle East. The truth comes from some political-aware Americans.

Former Democratic Senator Ernest Frederick Hollings wrote in Charleston dialy Post and Courier, May 6, 2004: “With Iraq no threat, why invade a sovereign country? The answer: President Bush’s policy to secure Israel. Led by Paul Wolfowitz, Richard Perle and Charles Krauthammer, for years there had been a domino school of thought that the way to guarantee Israel’s security is to spread democracy in the area.“

On September 10, 2002 – Philip Zelikow, the Zionist Jew Executive Director of the 9/11 Commission, told a crowd at the University of Virginia: “Why would Iraq attack America or use nuclear weapons against us? I’ll tell you what I think the real threat and actually has been since 1990 – It’s the threat against Israel“.

Alison Weir, the founder of ‘If American Knew’ wrote in November 2011, that many of the most serious dangers facing Americans today stem from our “special relationship” with Israel. Read Alison’s article here.

“The test of every policy the Administration develops in the Middle East is whether it is consistent with the goal of ensuring Israel’s future as a secure, Jewish, democratic state. That is a commitment that runs as a common thread through our entire government,” US ambassador to Israel, Daniel Shapiro, said in his speech to the Jewish People Policy Institute (JPPI), September, 2011. The JPPI is chaired by no other than Crypto-Jew Dennis Ross.

Alan Hart, British veteran journalist and author and an expert on Zionism and Middle East commenting on Peter Van Buren’s question on “what US wants from the Middle East?” – wrote as follows:

Van Buren mentioned Israel only once and with a question mark. In my analysis Israel has been and continues to be a predominant American interest in the Middle East for two related reasons.

One is the ignorance of the vast majority of Americans. I mean ignorance in the sense that they have been conditioned to believe a version of history, Zionism’s version, which is a pack of propaganda lies. The consequence is that they, the vast majority of Americans, have no understanding of what the conflict is really all about, who the real victims are and why it is not in America’s own best interests to go on supporting Israel (the oppressor) right or wrong.

The related reason is that this ignorance has made it easy for the Zionist lobby, through its stooges in Congress, to call the shots for policy on the Israel-Palestine conflict.

I am in no doubt that Obama, unlike Romney, is completely aware that the biggest real threat to America’s own best interests in the Middle East (and the whole of the wider Muslim world) is the Zionist state, on account of the anger and the despair provoked by a combination of its contempt for international law and arrogance of power, and America’s lack of will to call and hold the Zionist monster to account for its crimes.

If I was in the audience for the next for the next presidential debate, the question I would want to put to Obama and Romney is this: Do you believe it is in America’s own best interests to go on supporting Israel right or wrong?

If the answer was “No”, the follow-up question would have to be: In order to best protect America’s own interests, will you be prepared to take whatever action is necessary to require Israel to end its defiance of international law?

And finally, watch a video below to learn from US diplomats, Law-makers and academics that America’s policies in the Muslim world are controlled by Israel and its powerful lobby groups in the United States.

Whose interests US guards in the Middle East? | Rehmat's World