"American Idol"

CASPER

THE FRIENDLY GHOST
capt.8b671a0686914c6084c16105fecce73a-8b671a0686914c6084c16105fecce73a-0.jpg

Cowell says Tyler is a perfect 'Idol' replacement

Former "American Idol" judge Simon Cowell says he's happy that Steven Tyler will take his place. Cowell says, "I always said it had to be someone who wasn't better looking than me and they achieved it."

He poked fun at Tyler before collecting the Founders Awards at the International Emmy Awards in New York on Monday night.

Cowell said the Aerosmith frontman seems like a nice guy, and Randy Jackson told him they were having a lot of fun.

He believes Tyler can adequately fill his shoes, but stopped short of saying the rock star would damage his credibility being on the show.

Cowell says the role of judge is something that Tyler wants to do and that "it's a fun job. You got to take it like that. You can't take it too seriously."

Seeker

I am still uncertain about watching American Idol without the original judges. I really don't think anyone at all can take the place of Simeon Cowell.

FreakyFran

I never really got into Idol, but wasn't a big part of the draw waiting to see what Simon had to say to the contestants? I mean, Steven Tyler is probably not going to be nasty to people like Simon was. Will it still be as entertaining?

Corey

Hey I just enjoy talented people singing so I don't care much about judges but I'm sure it would be awful if judges were boring.

SUNGAZER

Personally i feel that shows like that are useless distractions. I'll admit, i watched some of it in the beginning. Really, i was only watching the auditions for the bad performances. To me, that was the only thing entertaining about the show. I haven't even seen any of that in years and don't care to anymore. My eyes are too far open to get sucked back into it.

A judge is a judge. Opinion is opinion. It's not about what goes on in front of the cameras anyway. It's what goes on behind the scenes. I think it's all fixed anyway so it doesn't matter who's 'judging'.

Doubter

Another great reality show! These people, the contestants and judges, are like friends and family. I feel such a connection to them whenever I watch them on my television. I don't know how I can ever live without them.

100th Monkey

There are far more important things to worry about then American idol, I prefer to spend my time on other things far more important to the world...

....and doubter you are falling for the man behind the curtains tricks....

SUNGAZER

Well said 100th Monkey! It is just that..... "Don't pay attention to the man behind the curtain." You need to wake your ass up doubter.