You might believe that the majority people in politics would are aware that everything they do and say is being monitored by their constituents. Here is a letter responding to what a Canadian senator said.
Oh-ho! I'm happy pass it on... this post from One People Canada.
(contrary to what many Americans believe, Canada does not have a "free" health care system. Those who work pay into it all their lives, as well as Employment Insurance and retirement /pension funds-CPP.
Actually, Canadians pay far more taxes than Americans. When we left Canada, my other half was paying 43% of his income in taxes.) May 28 One People Canada Facebook Page I don't think pissed really covers it!!!!Jeff Smith, the Senator from Québec calls senior citizens the Greediest Generation as he compared "Social Security " to a Milk Cow with over a million teats.
Here's a response in a letter from PATTY JOHNSTONE in Ontario ... I think she is a little ticked off! She also tells it like it is! Oh sooo true!
"Hey Jeff, let's get a few things straight!!!!!
1. As a career politician, you have been on the public dole (tit) for FIFTY YEARS.
2. I have been paying CPP & OHIP for 48 YEARS (since I was 15 years old. I am now 63).
3. My Canada Pension payments, and those of millions of other Canadians, were safely tucked away in an interest-bearing account for decades until you political pukes decided to raid the account and give OUR money to a bunch of zero losers in return for votes, thus bankrupting the system and turning Social Security into a Ponzi scheme that would make Bernie Madoff proud.
4. Recently, just like Lucy & Charlie Brown, you and "your ilk" pulled the proverbial football away from millions of Canadian seniors nearing retirement and moved the goalposts for full retirement from age 65 to age, 67. NOW, you and your "shill commission" are proposing to move the goalposts YET AGAIN.
5. I, and millions of other Canadians, have been paying into OHIP & CPP from Day One, and now "you morons" propose to change the rules of the game. Why? Because "you idiots" mismanaged other parts of the economy to such an extent that you need to steal our money from OHIP & CCP to pay the bills.
6. I, and millions of other Canadians, have been paying income taxes our entire lives, and now you propose to increase our taxes yet again. Why? Because you "incompetent bastards" spent our money so profligately that you just kept on spending even after you ran out of money. Now, you come to the Canadian taxpayers and say you need more to pay off YOUR debt.
To add insult to injury, you label us "greedy" for calling "bull****" to your incompetence. Well, Captain Bull****, I have a few questions for YOU:
1. How much money have you earned from the Canadian taxpayers during your pathetic 50-year political career?
2. At what age did you retire from your pathetic political career, and how much are you receiving in annual retirement benefits from the Canadian taxpayers?
3. How much do you pay for YOUR government provided health insurance?
4. What cuts in YOUR retirement and healthcare benefits are you proposing in your disgusting deficit reduction proposal, or as usual, have you exempted yourself and your political cronies?
It is you, Captain Bull****, and your political co-conspirators called Parliament who are the "greedy" ones. It is you and your fellow nutcase thieves who have bankrupted the Canadian Pension, OHIP and stolen the Canadian dream from millions of loyal, patriotic taxpayers.
And for what? Votes and your job and retirement security at our expense, you lunk-headed, leech.
That's right, sir. You and yours have bankrupted our benefits for the sole purpose of advancing your pathetic, political careers. You know it, we know it, and you know that we know it.
And you can take that to the bank, you miserable son of a bitch. NO, I didn't stutter.
P.S. And stop calling CPP & OHIP "entitlements". WHAT AN INSULT!!!!
I have been paying in to the CPP system for 45 years "It's my money"-give it back to me the way the system was designed and stop patting yourself on the back like you are being generous by doling out these monthly check s."
If you like the way things are in Canada delete this.
If you agree with what an Ontario citizen, says, please PASS IT ON!!!!