A Corrupt Government!

Corey

I was blown away by the clarity of the following Mike Rivero's statement about liberty and actions to protect it. Let me know what you think about it.
Most people prefer to believe that their leaders are just and fair, even in the face of evidence to the contrary, because once a citizen acknowledges that the government under which he lives is lying and corrupt, the citizen has to choose what he or she will do about it. To take action in the face of corrupt government entails risks of harm to life and loved ones. To choose to do nothing is to surrender one's self-image of standing for principles. Most people do not have the courage to face that choice. Hence, most propaganda is not designed to fool the critical thinker but only to give moral cowards an excuse not to think at all

Michael Rivero

Mr. Rivero urges us to fight for what we believe, but how does he fight? Publishing stories that more often than not don't have any physical evidence. Somebody who makes money out of urging people to fight, while not doing nothing himself should reconsider his choice of words. I do believe that "people should not fear their governments, governments should fear there people", but life is not black and white, unless you are colorblind.

Last edited:
Mr. Rivero urges us to fit for what we believe, but how does he fight? Publishing stories that more often than not don't have any physical evidence. Somebody who makes money out of urging people to fight, while not doing nothing himself should reconsider his choice of words. I do believe that "people should not fear their governments, governments should fear there people", but life is not black and white, unless you are colorblind.

You are right about that. There are too many people that preach what they are not willing to do themselves. Regardless, his statement is bulletproof as far as the truth goes.

I agree with both Mr. X and Corey. Mr. Rivero's statement is compelling and true, but is he practicing what he's preaching? I also think it's a little generalized - not everyone is a coward unwilling to see the truth and unwilling to fight for what is right.

Yes. I too don't seek all knowing gurus or wise thinkers to show me the light, but the truth is the truth. I also agree that generalizations are dangerous but Rivero is not generalizing. "To take action in the face of corrupt government" can be a simple peaceful protest which even a child can do.

It's hard to know where to start. There is so much wrong, at so many levels, from mayors squabbling with their own city councils to state mismanagement of funds to the federal mess. How does one person start to make a difference?

Back