[Attention] Facebook, We're watching you shop.....

2loserel3

I don't know what their special deal is, but unless they were practically giving it away I wouldn't sign up for something like this. Facebook and Google are just too nosy for my opinion. If I go shopping, I buy it if I think it's reasonable and I use a store that I like, but wouldn't use a store that participated in something like this.

What do you think, think I'm right to feel this way? How much more power do we need to give to companies like this?

We're watching: The camera that can recognise you from your Facebook picture every time you walk into a shop | Mail Online

by Mark Prigg

Shoppers could soon be automatically recognised when they walk into a shop using a controversial new camera. Called Facedeals, the camera uses photos uploaded to Facebook to recognise people as they walk in.
Shoppers who agree to use the system, which has not been developed with Facebook, will be offered special deals.

[video]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2187801/Were-watching-The-camera-recognise-Facebook-picture-time-walk-shop.html[/video]

I don't care what the special deal is, I think this is the stupidest thing that anybody can ever volunteer and give their consent for. I feel sick to my stomach just reading it. Just think of the potential chances for abuse of this technology!

I do too. But look at the thing Progressive Car insurane has going for them. Install a special camera in your car and they reward you for safe driving? Don't they see if you don't file a claim you're driving safe?

Back