17-year-old sexual assault victim could face charges for tweeting names of attackers

Denise

A Kentucky girl who was sexually assaulted could face contempt of court charges after she tweeted the names of her juvenile attackers.
Savannah Dietrich, the 17-year-old victim, was frustrated by a plea deal reached late last month by the two boys who assaulted her, and took to Twitter to expose them--violating a court order to keep their names confidential.
"There you go, lock me up," Dietrich tweeted after naming the perpetrators. "I'm not protecting anyone that made my life a living Hell." Her Twitter account has since been closed.
Attorneys for the attackers asked a Jefferson District Court judge to hold Dietrich in contempt for lashing out on Twitter. She could face up to 180 days in jail and a $500 fine if convicted. The boys have yet to be sentenced for the August 2011 attack.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...174732753.html

SUNGAZER

That's BS. As far as I'm concerned, she has every right to release their names. It shouldn't matter what the courts say. Those who are have harmed someone should be exposed, especially if they did it on purpose.

But now, I can't look at these news stories the same as I used to because the news is grossly faked.

If it IS real, then it's an outrage that she should be charged.