"neighbors" A mini Rant

2loserel3

"neighbors"

The reason I put quotes around the title is we have no neighbors, at least not good ones, that is.

While some of the things have that have gone on in this complex have gone away since my last posting about the neighbors and we are under new management. There's still a few things that have slipped through the cracks we shall say, and I find it a petty thing to be doing, but offensive since we can ill afford to have things taken from us, even the most minor of things. I discovered this quite by accident.

I think I mentioned the problems we've had in getting a newspaper delivered. Much of it does stem from the delivery service, last weekend as an example, since it was hand delivered to us, no TV book in the paper. No paper until I called for redelivvery. Well, it took us until Tuesday am to get the TV guide, delivered.

Now as part compensation, the Newspaper delivered weekly papers to us Wed -Fri, apparently with exception of no paper on Thurs. It appears we have a newspaper thief in the complex.

Flash forward. Now this may seem a petty and trivial complaint compared to some of the things going on and I understand. But bear in mind my friend is a senior and has many health and financial worries, she doesn't need this annoyance too. I've been up since 5am and is now finally at 7:40 am the paper came aparently I'll not have the luxury of sleeping in on the weekends, no matter what time I actualy am able to get to sleep on Friday and Saturday nights.:05.18-flustered: if I want to get the paper.

Now to another minor annoyance, these are small one bedroom apartments and barely big enough for two people, we're cramped and we had to get rid of alot of our stuff when we were downsizing, because our landlord lost the property to foreclosure. Yet they continue to rent to people with kids because there's a school within in a block from us. Now most of the kids here don't bother us they seem to be pretty well behaved, :) although last year geez, (it was a mad house one of these small apartments had a couple, four kids and two big dogs in it, the kids were loud and wild I'm talking about a place that's way under 600 sq ft, though they advertise 700, because we have both a front area, and back area and a rare back door most apartments don't have a back door here) we had a couple of strange kids, visitors I suppose.

Now they threw stuff around our front door, from the yard, such as it is, decorative rocks and wood chips from the around the trees. We got the wood chips. But this is really no place for kids, and I partially understand, there's nothing for the kids to do. There was no school around here when we moved in. These kids all they have to do is run up and down on the sidewalk throw the rocks and wood chips around. The only "luxury" we have is an on-site laundry facility.

Now at 8:10 am another one of my rants the phone rings twice answering machine starts up and then no messages. :frown: I'm going to try and throw them off the beaten path when rings next time pick up the phone and name the place and say ______mortuary Services. Maybe that'll put an end to it. lol

I suppose there has to be a reason we're going through this, though I'm still searching for it.

I started out to think this was going to be a mini rant, but I see the length of the page, it appears to be more than that. lol. As good as it is to vent I hate to be having to what seems to be all the time. We're in 12A could that be it? So, far I've found no number that's lucky but numerically speaking this should logically be numbered 13 We were pressed for time and didn't have too much of a choice given the budget. Anyway unnless a good miracle happens we're pretty well stuck here The vast majority of these apartments want 1st last and security, because of transient situation. Plus the cost of moving, can't do it.

Last edited:

2loserel3

Thank you, personally I think so too, or at least give my senior friend a senior citizens discount.

You should've seen it just the last 6 months before the property was sold. I should've at least charged them for extermination services. They rented too a single woman with 3 kids. Well, it turns out she was infested with roaches I referred to her as the Roach Queen, every month since Feb we've had to buy a can of Raid, I finally mixed up a concotions of Borax, and sugar, seems to be working a little bit. But she was obviously in the world's oldest profession we'd see at 3 guys coming and going, and she used to let her kids not a one of them over 10 play outside at 1:00 am and as late as 3:00 am. I seriously thought about it, but never did, someone here on the othe other hand got fed up with her and reported her to the state, they came and took the kids. She pitched a fit so royal when she was evicted they do give 30 days notice here so it wasn't like she didn't know, maintenance guys who were here at the time had to get the police to stand across from the apartment and watch her remover her stuff from the premises.

Then across from us I saw one time as I was going to the kitchen, the young people who never worked but yet paid the rent, they didn't have any kids either, but I saw the guy with a non-tenant accept money for the funny smoke if you catch my drift. Someone reported them too, not me because they were out within the month.

I don't know if you rent or own but a word of warning, never rent in a place that doesn't have on-site management I read later on that those type of people specifically look for this kind of set up. We didn't know and boy are we stuck.